FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A few positive words about UA's international C
Old Aug 3, 2014, 8:52 am
StingWest

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Originally Posted by SeaRaptor
I've flown the UA (ex-CO) J seats quite a bit and am very familiar and quite satisfied with the product.

The LH food wasn't as good. We had a good crew, so the service was excellent. The seat itself is roughly comparable with the UA seat; each has some quirks, but I prefer the UA seat overall (more storage). UA wins the AVOD comparison hands down. The LH system is easy to navigate, but there is simply less content.

I am a big LH fan; I love how efficiently they run their operations and have had nothing but good experiences with them on the ground and in the air. But I will still go with UA's long-haul J product (excluding the 4-across 772's) over them every time.
Agree with the comments regarding UA's C seat overall - it's comfortable, and compares well with the other new C products I've flown recently (BA and VS). The service is of course variable, but seems to be improving, albeit very slowly.

I also dislike the 2-4-2 arrangement when flying in one of the "middle" seats, but despite flying primarily on miles+money upgrades, haven't had to sit in one yet this year (about 16 TATL flights). If I do, I will still thank my lucky stars that I'm not in economy