FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Malaysia Airlines Privacy breach. Disgusted!!
Old Aug 1, 2014, 9:21 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I don't think MH gave your number out deliberately..

First find out who you are.. then find out your reservation details through flight , date and destination when matched with name and he'll get your PNR. Hang up , call again, to retrieve your full reservation, and ask what phone number the reservation has for you.. Or that guy knew probably pretending to be your friend or that you might have left something behind as he was seated next to you.. and that he needed to contact you right away to return it. There are ways to find out info like that.

MH was in no position to be the middleman to call you to call him, so they believed him and probably gave him your number. True, the best way would probably have been to ask the guy to hand the said item to lost and found, but phone agent thought they were doing a good deed.

Probably send a whatsapp message back to the guy and say that you'll report him to the police for sexual texting and see how fast he'll change his phone number ! But I must say that its weird to find a proposal like that and for the guy to be so adamant in finding you. Hmm, I'd like to know now what brand socks you were wearing.
Is "sexual texting" against the law in Singapore or Malaysia when it's between adults?