FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W St Petersburg, Russia [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2014, 9:22 pm
smooth

Wonderful hotel

I stayed at the hotel for (4) nights in July. I have no status with Starwood and used Points and Cash to book a standard King ( Wonderful ) room. I really liked the hotel, its location and especially the service.
On arrival, a plate of sweets and a hand-written welcoming note from the staff was waiting for me. The room was tastefully decorated, modern and comfortable. A robe, slippers and a great coffee-making equipment were part of the amenities. After just one day, the staff was greeting me by my first name. Every request I had was taken care of in just a few minutes after my call.
When the TV in my room “malfunctioned”, the technician arrived 5 minutes after I called the front desk. After (30) minutes of messing with cables the TV was working again but not “perfectly well” as defined by the technician. (3) hours later, a bottle of wine and a basket of fruit was delivered to my room, along with a hand-written apologies for the inconvenience. Nice!
The location of the hotel is great and I spent hours walking around the area, including an evening stroll to Mariinsky ( formerly Kirov ) Theater.
Overall, I had a wonderful stay, thanks to the hotel staff that went above and beyond to make me feel like part of the family.