FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to Long-Haul Schedule Announced 31 Jul '14 for AA/US (merged threads)
Old Jul 31, 2014, 2:11 pm
Seat 1F

Programs: AA EXP(4mm), DL Gold, UA Gold (1mm), HH Diamond, Bonvoy Amb(l/t Titanium). Former EA/PA elite
Originally Posted by phlwookie
Some interesting changes, such as the the three and a half week BCN and one month FCO suspensions. These coincide with some spring/winter break schedules, so I wonder if some of this is transferring widebodies to Caribbean destinations for a bit while some others are out for winter heavy maintenance, as well as maybe some more 767-200ER retirements.

I've always been surprised that PHL-ZRH was ever year round, especially since they only flew the 762 on the route rather than A332 with business class suites on what one would expect to be a higher yielding route. Last I flew it in the depths of winter there were something like 45 total passengers on it.
Yes....some of the suspensions are indeed very short. Nothing totally surprising here except perhaps the addition of flights to VCP.