FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - advice on Orlando hotels
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2014, 9:19 pm
Andrea Waters

Originally Posted by psywzrd
Heading down to Orlando in October and considering the Marriott Grande Vista or Marriott Harbour Lake. Able to get friends and family rate so that's great; however, I'm wondering just how much of the savings will get eaten up by having to rent a car or take taxis to Epcot, Magic Kingdom, etc. I'm thinking that staying in one of these places and incurring the added transportation costs will still be cheaper than staying at a Disney property, but I want to make sure before I book anything.

FYI, I'm looking at getting a 2BR villa for about $1000 total for 5 nights (that's with the discount I can get).
I would rent a car. In big cities, it's easy and practical to do without a car. In Orlando, I consider it a necessity. I am from there (thank goodness I escaped!), so not much into Disney. Even if I were staying on property, I'd still rent a car. I just like having easy access to Publix, TJ's, restaurants, etc. The Disney transportation, while free, is horribly crowded and inconvenient. Great idea in theory. Terrible idea in reality.