FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CrankyFlier article: A day with UA management at Chicago HQ/questions answered
Old Jul 30, 2014, 1:23 am
mkr
Suspended

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
Exclamation CrankyFlier article: A day with UA management at Chicago HQ/questions answered

I searched and did not find this article posted as a thread.

This is a very interesting article about a day spent interviewing several management personnel at the UA HQ in Chicago at the Willis Tower. It appears in CrankyFlier, and is in a four part series. It was written in December.

There are several good questions asked about policies and future developments at UA. The 4 part series covers: Elite Status, Mileage Devaluation, Increasing change fees, The New Website, Flying the Friendly Skies, and the Product Promise, Fleet Changes, Cleveland (questions answered in Dec.), the Operations Center, Brand Standards, Flying the Friendly Skies Again, and Sales

I will give the link to the first article, "A Day with United Management: Elite Status, Mileage Devaluation, and Increasing Change Fees".

The links to the other articles are found at the bottom of that article.
Reading all the articles gives a glimpse behind the scenes through the eyes of management at UA. Not all the questions that many FTers would ask are asked, but there are many qood questions.

CrankyFlier is a website that blogs about flying. The President of CrankyFlier introduces himself this way:
"My name is Brett Snyder, and I am the President and Chief Airline Dork of Cranky Flier LLC." He has worked for several companies in the travel industry in the past, including working as a Marketing Planner for UA. He now has his own niche in the industry, and writes for Conde' Nast Traveler.

The 1st article interviews Praveen Sharma. Mr. Sharma is the UA VP of Loyalty and Business Development who discusses MileagePlus Premier member changes and Mileage devaluation. Also interviewed is Scott Wilson, VP of eCommerce and Merchandising to discuss why the change fee increased to $200.

At the bottom of this page is the link to the first article in the series. The links to the other 3 articles are at the bottom of this first article.

Other topics covered are: The New Website, Flying the Friendly Skies, and the Product Promise, Fleet Changes, Cleveland (questions answered in Dec.), the Operations Center, Brand Standards, Flying the Friendly Skies Again, and Sales

http://crankyflier.com/2013/12/16/a-...g-change-fees/