FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FCO Rome Fiumicino Airport [Merged thread]
Old Jul 29, 2014, 6:45 pm
JMN57

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Family Traveler
Originally Posted by JMN57
It's a pain but the last time I dropped a rental at FCO, I drove to T5 to drop bags, my wife waited while I returned the rental car and then hopped a bus back to T5. It was a pain and the buses are infrequent but it works.

T5 security is significant - while I don't know for a fact, it wouldn't surprise me that they wouldn't exactly make it easy to go airside elsewhere and then do an airside transfer to T5.
This is what I was planning on doing, figuring it would be easier to navigate the shuttle from rental car return to T5 without bags. Any other or better suggestions?

Any issues now with driving up to T5 to drop passengers - seems like they may have really changed traffic flow recently to the other terminals and cars can no longer do drop offs (at least from what I read on the airport website but it was difficult to follow).
When I last did it, there were also signs to say no parking but I did long enough to check bags and get my wife settled. I did talk to the security people that were watching and they tolerated my parking but this could be a YMMV thing. If you pack light, you could do the bus from the car rental with luggage but I was packed for a two week trip with my wife so that wasn't my profile.