FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon Payments.
View Single Post
Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:50 pm
bobert24

Originally Posted by Navybones
I posted my experience a few days ago. Their system will cause an error if you try to use two cards withholding the same # on different accounts. When I did it I got an error. Assuming it was the standard card verification, I called and after a conversation and some initial confusion as to why it wasn't working, the CSR was able to see that the card # was attached to another account. AU cards with different card numbers should probably work fine.
Originally Posted by GTFan
Yep, had the same experience trying to put my AU FIA Amex on my Serve when it was already on my wife's. Same card number, so Serve system blocked the add (was hoping I would get a different AU card # since it was Amex but it's not a 'real' Amex so I got the same #).
Do either of you remember the error message that you got? I just got this one:
"The card entered is not available for registration. Please enter a different card number."

This is an AU card, but the primary card has never been used on any Serve account at all. In fact, it's only had one transaction on it so far, which was a local store. The error came back instantly when I tried to add the card, which confuses me even more - it's a Citi card, so Amex shouldn't be able to verify whether I'm the primary account holder or an AU in 1/10 of a second.

I'm thinking the error isn't even related to AU/non AU, but the error message of course gives me no more information to go on. Googling it returned no helpful results. Anybody seen this one before?

Edit to answer my own question, and admit my own stupidity:
I wasn't adding the card I thought I was. The card I thought I was trying to add had never been added to an account before. The card I was actually trying to add is currently registered on another Serve account. When I tried adding the card I actually intended to add, it went through without any problems. That's what I get for having a half dozen identical cards.

That does make me wonder, though - if I removed the first card from the other serve account, would I eventually be able to add it to this serve? Do they check to make sure it's never been registered to any other Serve account, or just that it's not currently registered? I've done a little too much card switching in the past few days to really feel like trying my luck with more changes at this exact moment.

Last edited by bobert24; Jul 28, 2014 at 5:01 pm