FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread
Old Jul 26, 2014, 2:48 pm
Carl

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
I'm a bit confused by comments from those who indicate that there are no bonus miles earned during the challenge period. The website implies that the member will receive regular benefits except with SkyTeam. Seems that they would have a disclaimer that one of the regular benefits (elite bonus) isn't offered. I'm curious: are those who report this issue perhaps doing targeted challenges rather than the regular Match Challenge?

I'm still on the fence with this one. I'm US Gold and find that even when Silver, my upgrade ratio was exceptional. Of course, I realize I'm also dealing with an expiring product, as Dividend Miles will be morphing into AAdvantage sometime next year, and I'm not thrilled with AA's version. I realize that being GM in ATL is almost a guarantee of NO upgrades, but then it could mean returning to nonstops (and greater flight availability) and a better in-cabin experience. DL is also the only mainline carrier to serve my parents' airport, now that WN exited. Then again, DL almost always means much higher fares, sometimes ridiculously so. I do miss the days when every carrier had the exact same fares...and there were so many airlines to choose!