FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First time flying SWA with kids
View Single Post
Old Jul 24, 2014, 4:41 pm
katmarie21

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Welcome to Flyertalk, Kathleen Brown Heintz!

How many PNRs ("reservation numbers") do you have? If multiple people on one, they should get boarding positions very close together.

If you check in at T-24, you are likely to get a high A or low B. Have multiple windows open and toggle from one to another fast. Check in the teens first if need be for better position. Adults last, as they will be boarding after A60.

Your plan of window/aisle hoping for no one to sit in between is sound.

Don't worry.
Thank you. We have 2 reservations. Eight of us on one. And the 17 year old on the other. Do I need a printer when I am checking in or can I print boarding passes later?

Not sure what toggle between means..I am assuming after reading your reply, that we need to check in each person individually even though they are on the same reservation? And just do it as quickly as we can. Can my husband and I each log in and be checking in on different computers for the same reservation.

I am thinking check in the 9 and 11 year old and then the teens so the younger ones will board first. (not a big deal but I would prefer not to leave them out in the terminal without one of the older kids being able to keep an eye on them from behind.)

Then the 2 year old and the 4 year old and then us parents?

Thank you for the advice...we have never flown SWA so I am not quite sure what is involved with check in. Is there any site/video you would suggest that walks you through the steps so we kind of know what to expect before the check in date.

I'm not too worried but I like to be as prepared as we can be.

Thank you again!