View Single Post
Old Jul 22, 14, 1:09 pm
jepiv

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold, UN Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Quick Recap July 11-13

Stayed here for a quick weekend for work/play. Not as eventful as my write up at the Maui Andaz. I'll just post some pics and a some quick bullet points.

-Very nice hotel with a modern/minimalist feel

-Diamond Breakfast option was offered via room service as well, but we went to BDT. Started with the buffet, it was not very good so I ordered an omelet off the menu which was excellent. $67 for two people was taken off upon check out. (We paid for drinks) The one breakfast picture is of the buffet items which look better than they tasted. The eggs had zero flavor and the potatoes were undercooked.

-I didn't care for the Bergamonte bath products. I had some Beekman 1802 shower gel from NYC Andaz I swapped for instead.

-Staff was super friendly. Was upgraded to a Premiere Park Deluxe both nights (flight got cancelled Saturday, so I checked out and back in. Same room type, different floor)

-The bathrooms are HUGE and the shower is amazing.

-The bed and linens were very comfortable

-I didn't understand why the iron was permanently attached to the ironing board. It was a total pain to fill with water.

-I have no idea why there is a bench in the elevator, but twice when waiting to come up from the lobby we caught people off guard posing and taking pictures which was very funny.

-Nice quiet location, away from most the monuments and Smithsonian, but was never more than a $8-9 Uber ride (with the current 25% off UberX promo)