FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - why Best Western not talked about as much
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:14 am
ILovetheReds

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by wilma
BW are convenient since you can find them in remote areas, but the diamond status is a joke. I am rarely offered any check-in amenity and never an upgrade. I had a reservation at the San Simeon BW using a paid night in an oceanview and the next night using an award. They insisted on moving us the second day into a parking lot view room claiming they never upgraded even if you're diamond. The service is inconsistent, some are better than others but they are typically 2 star motels.
Their status is a joke. The only added benefit I can think of as a diamond over a blue is more points, and I go for airline miles instead so don't even enjoy that perk. The real hotel chains give their diamonds upgrades (if available) and breakfast, guaranteed rooms in a sold out hotel and most give a late check out.

At least BW diamond is easy to achieve. I just email or fax my Hilton or Hyatt diamond card over every year and get status matched.