FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beware of LOT - or a little story how to make sure customers don't come back..
Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:32 am
YuropFlyer

Originally Posted by oliver2002
As per the T&C, if you are considered unfit to fly they don't need to offer you alternative transportation for free... most airlines do, but at their discretion.
Well, if I was indeed unfit to fly, then I would have understood their decision at least somewhat (even if it would still be rather bad service)

But, they actually sold me a ticket at 6.30pm for a flight departing at 7.50pm, after declaring me unfit to fly around 6pm..

I'm not sure if that is within T&C's, but it's certainly against any kind of rational entity. But as weero says, probably one shouldn't use rational thinking in the case of LOT..

Originally Posted by weero
Nice treatment indeed.

I would not touch the credit card charges as those where done in your presence and with your partial consent and hence this could badly backfire.

Do the old routine. Send them three registered letters where you demand the compensation of the return flight and full 261 IDB compensation.

They will turn you down of course or offer some trinkets. Then just forward it to a collection agency. And if that fails to a Swiss SCC - as this affected your business, this should go rather swiftly.

No reason to look at them as a thinking and rational entity ... not worth the time ...
Thanks for the advise. I'm personally unsure about the CC charges myself. I've signed the 3 receipts all with "SCAM" (instead of my signature) - but yeah, it was myself, so I guess that doesn't help much..

I'm not so sure if this would be a "regular" IDB, actually. They let me board (ha, miles for WAW-ZRH even posted to M&M..) but then, according to their T&C's, removed me from the flight. So it's not like the IDB'd me because of an oversold flight, but rather because of their concern to let me fly..

And then sold me a new ticket and let me fly..

I'd guess if they at least would have insisted I was indeed unfit to fly afterwards, and while being "customer unfriendly" forcing me to buy a ticket for next day's flight, I would have understood them better.

But declaring me unfit to fly, then immediately selling me a new ticket.. that's a new low, I've not even expected from LOT..

That's where it becomes an IDB situation again, and not a "unfit to fly" one..

Honestly, writing 3 registered letters, then hiring an agency to (hopefully) collect the money, I guess it's not really worth it in the end. Do I see it right that IDB would just be 250€ in that case? Which any agency would keep a share, plus the costs for the letters, and obviously my time.. hardly worth it in the end..

Thus I was thinking of the CC charge back - but as you said, it might have some risks involved with it.

It just bugs me about the situation..

Originally Posted by dj_jay_smith

But if I was you I would not use the term unfit to fly, as that does imply that you have consumed too much. Instead try something more like taken unepxectandly and suddenly ill.
I was most certainly the running to the Gate which made me throw up. It was them calling me unfit to fly, not myself. I wouldn't board a plane if I felt myself being unfit to fly, that's for sure. It was them refusing to do an alcohol test when I asked them to prove I was indeed unfit to fly.

And it was them to try to make me drunk a few hours later in the air by offering me wine for couple times.. (I refused)

I've really had it with LOT, and will definitely tell everyone to avoid them as hell in the future, by explaining what could happen to you if LOT thinks you're unfit to fly. No matter if I eventually get the charges back or not. LOT ruined an otherwise great trip completely.

I'm flying quite a bit, and what happened in WAW is so far from anything I've experienced anytime before, it makes me really wonder if there is still any sanity in the company called LOT..