FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "A flight cannot depart less than 1 hour after your previous flight arrives"
Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:01 am
Zach1213

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by GNVGator
Whoa let's drill down on that sentence some. Are you saying I have to be reaccommodated by the airline if I miss my flight and the airline wasn't at fault? I do this a lot when I'm on a award ticket on the transatlantic portion to Europe but a separate cash ticket when I connect in Europe or vis a versa. I always sweat arriving late and missing that connection on a sperate itinerary/reservation. Are you saying OW rules require the airline to put me on the next flight if I miss the connection? If so then that is an awesome perk I didn't know about.

Go Gators
AA has it in their guidelines - http://www.aa.com/i18n/agency/Bookin...tkt_policy.jsp

"If a customer is holding separate tickets on AA or another oneworld carrier, customers holding separate tickets where travel is on oneworld airlines should be treated as through ticketed passengers. In the event of a disruption on the originating ticket, the carrier responsible for the disruption will be required to reroute the customer to their final destination. The ticket stock of the second ticket must be of a oneworld carrier, eligible under the Endorsement Waiver Agreement."

I am not sure about any other OW carrier. I have separate tickets on QF next month and asked over on the QF board about the connection, and didn't hear anything about being protected via a written rule like this. If there is one OneWorld wide, I would love to know.