FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can anyone give me a single benefit to being a "preferred" frequent traveler on SW?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 7:39 pm
ILovetheReds

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
The skypriority lane for Delta has been removed at MCO and there is a complaint on the Delta board that it was just removed from BNA. I can't remember which airport it was, but I was flying AA recently and the priority lane for AA customers was gone. Fortunately I have precheck so that isn't an issue.

I think you will be seeing the lanes disappearing as precheck becomes more popular. Now if they would just stop handing out PC like candy and only give it to people who have a TTN or give it at random to elites like when it first rolled out, it would be a great program again.

If you fly often enough to get status I would just pay the $85 for precheck. Very easy to get and there are a lot more places to do the fingerprint check at than Global Entry. Precheck has saved me a lot of time (except in places like Vegas and MCO where they give it to anyone and won't allow seasoned travelers to bypass the people that are clueless).