FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Renés]Delta Points: The "funny" little things you should know [DP discussion merged]
Old Jul 21, 2014, 6:47 pm
84fiero

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by 100orBust
Originally Posted by 84

fiero;23231441
Yeah there are a lot of bloggers who fancy themselves the next Edward R. Murrow, which is especially commical in many cases!

I too have expeienced internet forums far less welcoming than FT. Yet it's not perfect and that is probably the only area of DP's rant with some merit (which isn't to say I appreciated that post in itsel) That said, many FT areas are very hospitable.
I actually find some degree of criticality on FT to be necessary- imagine if no one was criticized for writing a question that was just answered a month ago. Each forum would blow up with stupid questions and become much less useful.

DP himself gets angry when people criticize him on FT, yet he doesn't allow any critique on his blog; I find it amazingly hypocritical.
True about sometimes lazy questions being asked, there are times it can be frustrating. And someone should be politely pointed in the right direction.

Hypocritical definitely comes to mind on that last point!