FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]
View Single Post
Old Jul 20, 2014, 2:33 am
YuropFlyer

Originally Posted by tal1412
My wife and I are flying Swiss C from ORD to ZRH on award tickets. We then continue on to JNB from ZRH. We have almost 12 hours in ZRH. What are the best lounge options for us in ZRH?

We plan to take the train downtown for several hours to sight see and grab something to eat. We leave at 22:45 for JNB on LX 288. Any info on the food sevice on that flight/
Thanks
My personal opinion:

On Arrival, use the arrivals lounge. (open till 1pm)

Then head into city / do your personal Zurich experience

Have a light early dinner in the city (whatever you like) - I guess after eating a late breakfast in the Arrivals lounge (not too bad, but nothing outstanding either) you might get hungry later in the afternoon..

Head for the airport no earlier than 9pm. The "dinner" in the lounges in ZRH you'll have access too (without status it's only Swiss Business and Panorama) isn't really good, only place I would really choose to eat would be the LX First Class lounge which you won't be able to get into unless you're HON. I'd go for the Swiss Business lounge first, enjoy a drink at the longest airport bar in the world (be prepared to explain how to mix your drink of choice ) and then head over to Terminal E just prior to 10pm or so, using the Panorama lounge just for couple minutes before your flight. In June-August, on a warm evening, it's great for plane spotting, but otherwise very full.

Your flight to JNB will see a full dinner service, and full breakfast service prior to landing if I'm not mistaken. It's one of the few longhauls without much time difference, so the meals will "feel right"