FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2014)
Old Jul 15, 2014, 7:42 pm
Susiew237

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
IC Dubai

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
From memory booked a club room as when we made the original booking we were just ambassadors not royal and my husband has grown accustomed to having club access and wont be without it!. Upgraded to a very nice spacious 1 bedroom suite overlooking front of hotel

How are the rooms?
Very nice, very large. I thought the housekeeping was a bit lax first day as when we walked in I could see a huge smudge on the glass of a painting as we walked in and a couple of other minor things. But that's just me being picky

Did you receive a welcome gift?
They give you a card to choose one... we chose the executive gift or something like that and it turned out to be a little box of sweet things which I thought was a little odd.

How is the exec. lounge?
Pleasant but not particularly memorable now that it's been nearly a month since we were there.

How was the minibar?
From memory, pretty lacklustre, we didn’t use it.

What was good and what was bad?
Early check in at 6.30am which was brilliant after coming off a 15 hour flight.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
We were here for 3 nights, and 1 was a BOGO so good enough value. Yes and NO. we probably wouldn’t return only because if we were to stop off in Dubai again we would just be there for flat out R and R and would like to be more by the beach (although you can pretty much only use it early morning as it gets too hot). This was our first trip to Dubai so lots of getting around to see the sights, and even though taxi's are relatively cheap (and we had our own tour guide in a friend who lives there), it does seem a little bit far away from things.