FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2014 Consolidated LAX Connecting / Connection / Connections thread
Old Jul 15, 2014, 6:03 pm
debracey

Programs: UA & DL Gold
Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
Hi all

I will be transiting through LAX this coming Thursday. I will be arriving at T2 with AC (from YYZ), and my connecting flight is in T4 with AA (to SMF). I have 1:55 to make this connection.

From my understanding the best way to get from T2 to T4 would be to go up to the departures level at T2, walk outside via "West Way" and then enter T4; is this correct?

On my return journey, Saturday, my LAX inbound flight from SMF arrives in T8 with UA/UX at 7:48am. My then connecting flight is from T2 with AC to YYZ at 10:00am. However, almost always, the UA flight is early, in fact today it arrived 26 minutes ahead of schedule. With that said, there is an earlier flight to YYZ and it leaves at 8:45am. I know the MCT for domestic to domestic flights is 70 minutes, but how long would it take to get to T2 from T8? Furthermore, what is the quickest route to go between those two terminals?

Oh yeah, I will only have carry-on.

Many thanks to you all for your help.
You're OK coming inbound and transferring AC to AA. You can walk to the West way by turning right after leaving T2, or use the east way which will be to your left. In both cases, you walk along next to the parking garages. Just pay attention to the crosswalk signs, otherwise you'll be run over. The walk is not very pleasant as the lower level fills with fumes / smoke -- but it is OK. You could walk all the way around the horseshoe (upper level), or take the shuttle (lower level). Timing is a toss up, the full walk around the horseshoe will take the longest, but the shuttle or east/west way will take probably the same amount of time.

I wouldn't chance the 8:45 connection on the outbound. From T8 to T2 you'd take the "East Way" between T6/T7 and T1/T2. It's a good solid 15 minute walk at a normal pace. Then you have to reclear TSA which will be busy in the AM. If there were a 9:15 option that might be doable, but I wouldn't chance the 8:45.