FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mindblown by Hyatt's policy (No retroactive on challenge dates)
Old Jul 11, 2014, 11:30 pm
luv2ctheworld

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Originally Posted by tom911
Although not a hotel program, American Airlines will backdate a challenge up to two weeks for elite status. That involves accruing a certain amount of points over a 90 day period.
Backdating up to 14 days is a nice gesture for a 90 day trial; but from what I read of the OP, s/he mentioned 5/28, and posted here yesterday ("recently just found out"), so that's at least over 30 plus days . The trial period is 60 days, so in essence, that's around a 30 day backdate on a 60 day trial. A bit excessive I think.

I'd be interested in knowing of any other hotel or airline challenges/matches that allow backdating; it seems to defeat the purpose.

But I think what got me to chime in here is the "mindblown" comment. I honestly would not give it much thought if it was one of the myriad of low level complaints found on FT; but to describe it in a way that seems so wronged or outrageous, when in reality, are standard rules, was a bit much.