FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Dubai connect rule - latest onward flight?
Old Jul 10, 2014, 11:25 pm
jackiedada

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
New Dubai connect rule - latest onward flight?

So, I thought I understood Dubai connect fairly well but apparently not. I booked an trip BOM-ORD in Flex Y EK509 (arr 00:05 at DXB) connecting to EK 235 (dep 09:40), a connection of 9:40 minutes. This is the only flight of the day for ORD so naturally I thought it would be eligible for Dubai connect.

Apparently not. Spent 30 minutes on the phone with an EK agent at Dubai and then with her supervisor, both of whom just took on the position that I had to be on the latest onward flight, which is EK 501 (0430 am dep, arriving at 6:00 am) and so I wasn't eligible for Dubai connect. I explained to them that I got Dubai connect the last two times I took a similar connection (EK 509 connecting to EK237 BOS dep 08:45am), but they said that the rules could have changed between then and now and this itinerary is not eligible for Dubai Connect.

So, I thought it could be a Y thing and booked an identical itinerary in J and checked for Dubai Connect. To my surprise, the online booking did not show up the Dubai Connect link again. So, now I am confused as to why my earlier itinerary to BOS was eligible for Dubai connect whereas this one to ORD is not.

Maybe, they changed the rules and maybe not but definitely inconsistent and not my best of experiences with EK. Definitely lost a couple of points there EK!

BTW, noticed that they reduced the connection time for Y to 8 hours from 9 which is a good thing, but this latest onward flight rule it it is actually being followed is a shame.