FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Location, Location, Location!
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2014, 2:39 pm
Wan1dap
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
Originally Posted by idaud
I might check out the Naumi hotel - any views on this?

It's right around the corner from the Intercon apparently and so presumably benefits from a great location but looks like it has a more boutiquey feel - might just tick the box.

Wan1dap, Hawaiio, jpatokal - does that sound like a plan? You all seem confident that the location fits my bill and your descriptions sound promising - ie mixture of locals and tourists, "local" food as well as malls close by etc. Plenty of street side action/ people traffic etc as I walk out of the hotel right? Are there cafes etc outside the malls as well or just in them?

Thanks everyone - all these specific questions WILL make my choice of location a better one I am sure - just want to get the most out of my trip and hate it when following the status quo ends up in a lesser experience.
The Intercon is directly connected to the Bugis Junction mall, which has a big range of food offerings at ground level, first floor and underneath, on the way to the MRT. Outside, just cross New Bridge Road and wander down Liang Seah St for a selection of local, casual cafés and restaurants.