FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon Payments.
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2014, 1:00 am
ericdabbs

Originally Posted by dublin487
Ya, I had seen similar reports/advice on here and tried several times to persuade the cashiers and managers that they needed to refund the money to my card but they insisted they couldn't do so without first checking with corporate (who were closed for the day) to make sure the funds really got to FD
Perhaps you got unlucky and there was someone within the last hour that must have loaded $500 to Serve at that FD store. This is why FD needs to alter their velocity limit a bit higher than $1K especially if they are going to be a provider to load Serve.

When I brought up the discussion about FD needing to alter its limits to accommodate Serve, I got naysayers bringing up the bogus annual revenue argument as if that matters..blah blah blah blah blah. The fact is that no matter how you look at it, more traffic will be driven to FD stores due to Serve loading. FD sells other prepaid cards in store (PP cash, OV's, GD MPs etc) on a regular basis anyways so it shouldn't be a surprise to deal with possible large volumes. I am sure there are a ton of folks who have triggered the velocity limits by accident and things need to change on the FD POS side if there are not more secure ways to refund folks their money back when velocity limits are triggered.