FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon Payments.
View Single Post
Old Jul 8, 2014, 11:22 pm
ericdabbs

Originally Posted by dublin487
Another cautionary tale...walked out of FD today $500 poorer than when I walked in, hopefully temporarily.

Was looking to do a single $500 load to Serve, swiped Serve, swiped OV, entered PIN, screen flashed 'approved', but then later said 'transaction denied/declined'. I logged in on the OV site while standing in the store and saw that the $500 was in fact drawn off the OV, but I checked Serve and the funds were not added to my account, nor did I receive the usual confirmation email.

After speaking to several mostly sympathetic employees, managers, Incomm, etc, we still were not able to resolve the matter - hoping corporate can solve it tomorrow. It seems to me that FD drew the funds but did not successfully transmit them through VR to my Serve, so they should simply refund me the money. The employees on duty at the time though said they couldn't just do that without corporate approval.

In the meantime, I'm sitting at home $500 short...not fun
ATTENTION
Just for anyone out those that try to load Serve at FD and fail due to either
1. Attempted to load a 2nd $500 load (bad mistake given what we know)
2. Didn't realize that someone else maybe 10 minutes before you loaded $500 to Serve (not your fault)

You have to make sure when the transaction at FD fails that you ask the FD cashier to swipe your debit card again in order to have the $500 refunded to your debit card and that should clear up the FD POS system when this occurs.

This is probably the step that most people that are out $500 are failing to do. Now I'll be honest and say I got lucky when I failed both times because the supervisor on duty asked me to reswipe my DC after each time and my funds were refunded. When you then check your balance at OV or Vanilla VGC, you will see a transaction that the $500 was indeed debited from the account followed by a transaction that the $500 was credited back to the account.

I think FD's POS system needs an update to warn cashiers of a failed transaction to ask the customer to reswipe their debit card in order to return the funds onto the card. This is a dangerous game that FD is playing and I can see them get into major trouble for screwing around and not returning people's funds.