FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Venting
Thread: Venting
View Single Post
Old Jul 8, 2014, 11:54 am
travel.flier
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by Yanks08802
I know we all read too much about how awful United has become. I hate to pile on, but this forum is the only place where the majority of people know the reality of being a road warrior.

While I have hated all the downgrades, TODs etc that have come our way I keep sticking with United because A) I live near EWR and B) I am close to 1MM and (although it is devalued) still has some value to me.

After my third straight MX delay/cancellation along with several other recent issues, I sent this short note to Customer Care. I Seriously doubt anyone at United will care, but I had to vent.

Starting this thread for any others who, like me, want to see this airline succeed, but are tired of being beaten up and let down.

This flight was the third straight plane for me that I have boarded, only to deplane for mechanical issues. The result was yet another cancelled flight. In addition, when I did board, my seat cushion was broken and "caved in" in the middle. Had the flight gone off, I was going to have to use my pillow as support in order to be somewhat comfortable.

I am a long time customer and have flown close to one million miles on CO and UA. I am sad to say that for the first time, I no longer have confidence that United can get me where I need to go. Combined with the brutal service cuts and downgrades to MileagePlus, I am not seeing much reason to continue flying United. I am very close to a million miles, and quite frankly, it is the only reason I have not switched yet. I am growing quite tired of friends and colleagues asking why I continue to put up with an airline that is more focused on its $2 billion in cuts than actually providing the service it is supposed to deliver.

I will cross 1 million miles in late 2014 or early 2015. United has those months to at least try to improve or I will walk. I may only be one customer, but once gone I will never come back
honestly to me, the issue is not the mx delays which happen, perhaps more frequently on ua, but they happen everywhere. it's the recovery. in pmua days, something like that and i'd be on any flight on any airline that i wanted. even WN or something w/o a ticketing agreement (creative agents issuing 2 customer care vouchers then me buying a cash ticket on wn: one voucher to cover my cost of the wn flight and the other as compensation).

today it's begging and pleading, never knowing if we'll get taken care of, not sure if 1k's get a hotel in weather irrops, etc etc. the uncertainity and poor track record of recovery is one of the main reasons i finalized my divorce. it felt so freeing to book a ticket on dl the other day.