View Single Post
Old Jul 7, 14, 5:13 pm
spgplat21

Programs: SPG-PPE+Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-Gold
Had another wonderful stay at the PH DC. We had breakfast at Blue Duck one morning and room service the next morning. As a diamond member, I always love places that give you the option of in room dining. It's also been a while since we stayed here and breakfast was in the actual restaurant this time. I remember it used to be in the tea area, which I actually preferred because the tables are not right on top of each other like in the restaurant. The decor is starting to show a little age and it will probably be time for a minor renovation soon, but the service was excellent and I find that the price is pretty good compared to similar properties in DC.

We had one issue with a forgotten item on our room service dinner. It took a few calls and 45 minutes to get the item, but they took the entire meal off our bill, brought the missing item and gave us an apple pie. I was very nice the entire time, so it was very refreshing to have a property proactively make things right without a guest causing a fuss. It's this type of service recovery that keeps me coming back each time I'm in DC. There usually aren't issues, but I like knowing that I'll be treated right should one arise.