FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stop & Shop and Giant supermarkets gas rewards points on gift card purchases
Old Jul 7, 2014, 12:44 pm
Majuki

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by craz
Are you guys talking about $2k in 1 transaction using 1 CC? I usually get $1k and then hand them another 2 cards for another $1k, and a different CC. And simply say I want a 2 week spread between having to pay the CCs off. Never got written up yet, then again never purchased more then $2k at any 1 store at the same time
It's $2k in one visit that requires the log. Giant seems to include fees in the amount. The limit is definitely YMMV just like CVS was. I've never tried a split transaction. I don't mind being in the log book, and the manager at my local store hasn't raised an eyebrow leading me to believe many are doing the same thing. They all know it's for the gas promotion, so there's no need to be evasive. Just go to customer service and ask what that store's limit is and go with it. If the cashier only feels comfortable ringing up x amount per transaction/visit/day, buy x and come back another day.