FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA EMV cards: Availability, Q&A (Chip & PIN -or- Chip & Signature) [2012-2015]
Old Jul 7, 2014, 12:06 pm
kebosabi

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by KevinW23
I've been following this topic for quite a while and finally registered to contribute with a card that I didn't see in the wiki. United Nations Federal Credit Union has a card called Visa Azure. It has no annual fee, but does have a 1% FTF. The card and PIN are mailed separately and the PIN cannot be changed, so it looks like it supports offline PIN. I'm in Vancouver at the moment, but have also used this card in Europe and it has been accepted everywhere I go and I've always been asked for a PIN.
Originally Posted by tmiw
Not sure if anyone's noticed, but HSBC's US cards are now EMV enabled (and are contactless! ): http://www.us.hsbc.com/1/2/home/pers...g/credit-cards

From reading the information there, it appears that the cards have a PIN but are signature priority like the other C&P cards in this country. But still, they support contactless. And that's pretty huge if you're going to be traveling somewhere where the mass transit no longer takes cash.

Thanks, updated HSBC cards and UNFCU Azure to spreadsheet.