FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggestion: Implement Entry Requirement for Manufactured Spending Forum
Old Jul 5, 2014, 10:37 am
wharvey
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Suggestion: Implement Entry Requirement for Manufactured Spending Forum

Dear Talkboard,

Over the last several months, I have noticed that the Manufacturing Spending Forum has quickly degenerated into "snark-like" behaviors among many members who only participate in that forum for the most part. Many are newer members who appear to have no desire to contribute to FT other than MS.

It has gotten so bad, that I have deleted my subscription to the Forum and rarely go into it now. It has gotten worse than the "Trick Me" thread in Mileage Runs.

Question: Should we implement entry requirements such as we have for Coupon Connection and the OMNIs? Have new members understand, participate and contribute to Flyertalk more broadly before they get the "gift" of the Manufacturing Spending forum.

I know many will say that snarkiness can happen anywhere on FT, and it is true. But it is particularly prominent in Manufacturing Spending.

I would like to suggest that Manufacturing Spending forum have the same entry requirements as Coupon Connection.

I think it could be a major step forward for the community.

I appreciate your thoughts and consideration.