FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta waffling on transcon upgrade policy?
Old Jul 3, 2014, 3:31 pm
lamont2718

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by tphamBU
OP
Fascinating. I would have expected OU. It seems very strange to see OP on a flight that didn't require any use of miles or a certificate...

I might get lucky and land a TCON upgrade myself today. There are currently 4 people on the upgrade list for 7 open seats in J. At T-6, I checked the upgrade list and saw 2 names on it but not my own. Strange because EF showed OP as 9, so the only names on the upgrade list should have been DMs/PMs waiting for complimentary upgrades. I am not sure why those 2 names were added and mine was not -- perhaps those passengers called in, or perhaps DL automatically added them based on some criterion/criteria that I did not meet. In any case, I waited until T-5 and then called in to have myself added. The phone agent had a supervisor look at the flight and add me to the upgrade list manually. I'll report back on the outcome after boarding.