FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Inn at Palmetto Bluff (South Carolina) to be managed by Montage
Old Jul 2, 2014, 1:03 pm
socalterp

Programs: AA 1MM/Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by blueheronNC
Thank you for this report! We're heading there next week and was hoping to have beat the construction. The construction noise you mentioned worries me. I was planning on spending a great deal of time unwinding and reading books on the screened porch cottage, with just the sounds of nature, and construction noise of any kind is the last thing I want for my stay. Now wondering if I should rebook into a River View to be facing away from the construction site (or at least book into Lagoon View and hope for a Virtuoso upgrade into River View - as of now I'm in Forest View, which, if they upgrade me, would put me into Lagoon View facing the construction).

You say you were in Lagoon View - did you book through Virtuoso, FHR or similar and get upgraded into that category, or did you end up in the category you booked (when I was there last time, I didn't get an upgrade even though I was Virtuoso, but it was over a holiday).
Booked via the PB website, with iPrefer membership...think that is the category that we booked. Had a package that included breakfast and a golfcart, which we found to be a great value.

Didn't get a good sense as to the noise level for the Forest View as the only time we went back through there was on bikes on our way toward Morelands.

Noise level was definitely noticeable...a little muffled by distance and trees, but noticeable. Sunday breakfast on the porch was much nicer without the noise.