Old Jun 30, 14, 6:55 pm
SFO777
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm, TP Gold *G
Originally Posted by mgarlow View Post
Hey everyone

Thank-you so much for all your input. After doing some investigative work last night I've decided that we shall go business class home but first class there. I engaged my wife in some "daydream" talk such as if we went to maldives, went on emirates what would it be like. We looked at the resort we chose and she wanted to do business one way and first the other if it were to happen. This will cut the cost by $5000 but this really isnt about money, its our once in a lifetime trip.

Flyeagle, when you mentioned about not being in the seats much, I can see us being in that business bar a lot during the flight as I can't see ourselves sitting in the seat for the whole trip, are all the snacks and drinks free or is there a charge?

I thought I also read somewhere that if the layover is over a certain time Emirates provides you with a room? And the food in the lunges in the airport is it also free?
A reasonable compromise. If you don't mind my asking, how much did EK want for the roundtrip (F out and J back)?
Food and beverage both on board at the J bar and in the lounges is entirely complimentary.