FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - T5 baggage system failure - 26 and 28 June 2014
Old Jun 27, 2014, 5:50 am
chris1979

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Nimrod1965
What? I find this hard to believe. I can pack for a week into hand baggage which includes toiletries, 7 Shirts, 9 pairs underpants and 9 pairs socks. Military Training might be a factor here.

I have done it and am able to do it. Just not 'willing' I guess.

Used to do it pre liquid restrictions. And my 10 flights in 52 hours earlier in the year, obviously only did hand-luggage.

As said, just find it annoying to run out of small deo things etc and hate buying loads of them. And carrying everything with me and unpacking at security, re-packing after, then having faff on plane with space issues etc.

I rarely have to wait more than a few minutes for the bags at the other end and I always think that's 'worth' it - i.e. I don't value saving those few mins over the hassle of packing efficiently, running out of things and having to carry it everywhere.

most of the time, my bag also includes a gym bag which takes up 90% of space and again, I dont want to carry my trainers etc through lounge and on plane with me.