FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CITI Prestige changes effective 10-18-14
View Single Post
Old Jun 26, 2014, 8:56 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Enclave
I think the first five digits of MasterCard simply identify the bank, in this case Citi. Spirit Incentives is then using only our names and postal codes to identify us and does not appear to go any further in their data to determine what specific active accounts we have with Citi and the corresponding benefits.
Citi must provide them with a way to identify which card product we have-- after all, when the Premier card had the companion ticket as well, Spirit was able to distinguish whether cardholders were entitled to either the domestic (for Premier) or international (for Prestige) companion ticket.

This certainly wouldn't be the first time Citi has made a change without properly informing their reps, or even providing proper notification to cardholders. After all, I never received anything in writing last year when they quietly eliminated the HHonors Gold benefit.

What we do know is that Citi has quietly tinkered with their marketing materials with regards to certain benefits... I would like to think that there will be no changes to our benefits, but the fact that such a proactive measure was taken implies to me that something is in the works.