FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CITI Prestige changes effective 10-18-14
View Single Post
Old Jun 26, 2014, 8:47 am
Enclave

Spirit Incentives

I called Spirit Incentives this morning to inquire about a companion airfare and the agent explained very confidently that the message of the companion airfare and 15% discount airfare ending "does not apply to your card."

I called Prestige customer service and the agent explained right away that the message I am seeing on the Spirit Incentives site does not apply to my Prestige account. The agent said they think the erroneous messages are posting because at some point in the past I had another Thank You card that had the benefit and those cards are losing the benefit. She thought it might be because I had a Premier card in the past. I do not remember ever having a Premier card, but I did have the original Chairman MasterCard that had a different companion benefit plan. I did not mention this to her, but maybe that is why I see the message.

This makes sense that Spirit Incentives is making this mistake with the informational message. They need to look a little deeper into the logic of presenting the message. I think the first five digits of MasterCard simply identify the bank, in this case Citi. Spirit Incentives is then using only our names and postal codes to identify us and does not appear to go any further in their data to determine what specific active accounts we have with Citi and the corresponding benefits.

I think we are safe for now, the companion airfare and 15% discounted airfare benefits are not going away.