FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX-(DEN)-BNA (Nashville) available on Sep 2 and on NO OTHER DAY!!!
Old Jun 26, 2014, 8:16 am
rtalk25

Originally Posted by davywavy
Frontier tried being the airline you want and went bust in the process. Deliberately cutting back on connection possibilities, by lower frequencies, has dramatically improved the airlines finances.

Some connection opportunities do still exist at DEN but IAD, for example, is , being developed without connection opportunities, much like TTN, or even CLE.

I guess the answer is simple - if an airline doesn't provide what you want, don't fly that airline.
For IAD, DCA-DEN is covering the DEN connections and DEN O&D for WAS customers. Since the OP is local to LAX, maybe the OP can use SNA?

Overall correct point though in your analysis.

TTN-MDW-DEN though still persists, but I wonder if there are customers that actually use it through DEN or if it's more a fleet usage operational flight continuation. I've found the PHL-DEN advance fares to be generally more competitive than TTN-MDW-DEN and TTN-MDW-DEN having a slight discount to no discount than the sum of the two legs (TTN-MDW) and (MDW-DEN) if priced separately and purchase together.

ILG-DEN returns with connections in August 15. In the summer, it runs late in the evening not permitting connections but the return of the route with connections permitted is very light, only 4x weekly or so for the entire Philly region. I've wondered if Frontier could make a run of DEN-ABE and DEN-ACY if limited 3x weekly to bracket the Philly-New Jersey region even further and/or finally get DEN-TTN nonstop launched if it still has interest in it.

Last edited by rtalk25; Jun 26, 2014 at 8:27 am