FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New potential troubling Trend at Kroger (money services buying MOs)
Old Jun 26, 2014, 6:59 am
ChurnNBurn

New potential troubling Trend at Kroger (money services buying MOs)

Question for you guys... Been doing the MO thing for a long time at Kroger. (on and off for 3 years) They know me well and we have small talk and they have gotten comfortable with me.

HOWEVER, the last few times i've gone in its gotten a little weird. First time a regular cashier asked to see my ID. I wasnt too bothered by it, I asked if it was a new policy and she said basically, "For the amount that you buy, yes..." She didnt scan it or anything just glanced over it. (maybe she filed a SAR?) But then nobody else has ever asked for again. I thought, no big deal. Well my favorite cashier yesterday (a few weeks later) wouldnt let me get my MO unless I scanned in my Kroger loyalty card first... She said something about them making a point of getting loyalty cards inputted for sales at the money services counter because no body ever does it. (Then she tried to tell me I might get a coupon for a free MO sometime when I buy groceries.... I call BS. probably just another way to track me)

AM I being too paranoid? Anybody else seeing these trends @ Kroger?