FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discuss your meal options here
View Single Post
Old Jun 25, 2014, 12:34 pm
mosburger

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by mosburger
Coming week in PE on a late departure LHR - HKG flight.

Should I better eat in the lounge and concentrate on resting or are any of the mains actually worthwhile trying? Cantonese/Chinese or Western, which one is the safer choice according to the PE experts?
Wasn't able to determine current PE main standards as did recieve my second ever longhaul operational upgrade (PE to J) at the LHR departure gate.

Two of the J main dishes (fish cake and Indian veggie curry) seemed rather interesting for my palate, while the two others (Sichuan style chicken and some beef dish) I didn't even want to try as airplane versions. Love spicy chicken and a good steak on the ground, mind you.

Fish cakes in the end, thought of England a bit when the saltiness hit but otherwise a fine main dish.

Presentation and service at CX are really second to none and the lovely pork pie snack with cheese and chutney was gastropub material.

Opted for a salty and sweet pancake dish at breakfast time as congee was gone by my row and the fry-up seemed too heavy. Quite nice but still prefer the cold European breakfast spread with ham & cheese & bread rolls (offered at least on flights to/from FRA)