FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Official “I Got Upgraded” Thread: JFK-LAX/SFO/SEA
Old Jun 24, 2014, 11:43 pm
baccarat_king

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by mother-
So it seems that Elites are adapting to the new normal- either you use/attempt to use an instrument to upgrade, or you don't fly the flight.
not exactly..... looks like upgrades are back, (well, sort of) for Diamonds and Platinum Medallions.

This is not an “official” policy change, but Delta is now offering occasional comp upgrades to its specially outfitted and serviced Business Elite cabins flying between New York JFK and Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle.
“Delta is handling this on a case by base basis,” Delta spokesperson Anthony Black told TravelSkills. “While the policy has not changed, we have now begun to award our top medallion customers upgrades on those flights during slower travel periods or as the operation permits.”
Today, I showed up and in the Sky Club, the agent asked me if I knew I was on the upgrade list. I said, no, I didn’t understand. She said it just started two days ago, likely due to so many complaints since those upgrades went away. From what I understand, the upgrades started June 20. Only diamonds and platinums are eligible, and only on paid fares (no upgrades for golds or silvers, and no upgrades on mileage tickets.) Nothing shows yet on the Delta website. Apparently, if you qualify, you’re placed on the upgrade standby list six hours before departure. I don’t know anything more about it than that, and I can’t find any info on the web about it