FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air China PEK International-International Transfer
Old Jun 24, 2014, 10:53 pm
TennisNoob

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
I truly hope your flight inbound doesn't get delayed.

I had an hour and 45 minutes for transfer, I ended up only with 20 minutes to spare after leaving customs.

Flight took of HK with a 30 minute delay, than had delays at PEK with parking the aircraft. That stuck us at the Tarmac for another 15 minutes. Than I literally got off the gate that was 2 gates from my international outbound gate.

Not sure if you've been to PEK but you will go all the way to one end of the airport (Left) go through customs, go down the stairs to another security check point, than back around to your gate. It's the dumbest design I've ever seen.

Luckily Air China accomodated 3 of us with their "transfer service" and it got us to our locations, through customs, and 2nd security gates faster.

You can only use the Air China Cart Ladys if you are flying J or F. It's really helpful if you end up with a far gate like mine, the farthest gate #36. The cart can be a life saver in terms of walking. W/ the carts assistance, I was able to use the lounge for 15 minutes instead of walking gate to gate.