FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air India confirmed into Star Alliance
View Single Post
Old Jun 24, 2014, 2:59 pm
enjoystravel

Programs: AA EXP 5 Mil, UA Global Services, BA Gold, DL Diamond, SPG Plat75, Hilton Diamond
Missed the peak summer season from US, but hopefully prices will remain reasonable

This is a great plus for AI, thought not sure for *A (they obviously hope to not be left out of the 5th largest domestic market in the world).

I was trying to ticket parents from North America to BLR in business class end of June. All other options, including Middle East carriers were between $5K to $10K one way per person. AI was $3.2 K or so per person (on Yatra.com). The plane was fairly new equipment ORD-DEL-BLR. Unfortunately they will not get *A credit for this trip but hopefully will get that for the next. The food in Business is supposed to be fairly decent.

I hope the prices stay at a reasonable discount to others without which I cannot see AI as a draw.

I travel extensively in J/F on global carriers and have always avoided AI unless forced by schedule as a cancellation would leave me without options. Now with *A, I will be more open to AI given rerouting options on *A during irregular operations.