FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US CP benefits while on an American flight...
Old Jun 24, 2014, 12:47 pm
NoVA guy

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, American Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by TwoDecks
FYI - just landed after BOS-ORD. Sat in coach as chairman, without asking FA said "hello mr. xxx, would you like a drink or a cocktail or a snack?". I grabbed the snack pack and had a Sam Adams, without any issues or prompting from me
Wow! That is great news. I guess the system works in certain situations. The strange part is the comment from my FA (and my additional look at the AA and US websites) that this CP benefit on AA flights is no longer listed.

Just thought of another point that you raised in your original post, the upgrade opportunity for CPs is still not working. There were available first class seats the morning of my last AA flight. Called AA customer service on my way to the airport to see if I understood the new policy correctly. She confirmed I understood it and said I was first on the list and I should be given a First Class seat when I checked in at the airport. At the airport, the circus must have been in town b/c I only encountered clowns. No one knew anything. Great training! ;-) They clearly need to refine this new CP benefit. And finally, my boarding passes show CP, Emerald, but do not make any reference to ExPlat. Don't know how this gets on the boarding card