FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at FAI
Thread: Cars at FAI
View Single Post
Old Jun 24, 2014, 2:57 am
PDX-RDM-AVL-TPA

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K; Delta Silver Medallion (1MM); Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold; National Executive
Cars at FAI

I will be traveling to Fairbanks with extended family in July; we will either need to rent 2 cars or a 15-passenger van (10 total people). We were originally going to fly into Anchorage, but 8 of us just booked round trip tickets SEA-FAI-SEA for $244 AI (compared to about $600 for flights into Anchorage).

I have Executive Elite status with National, and I'm trying to figure out what might be available as an upgrade if I book a normal midsize car. With 10 total people including 4 kids ages 9 to 11, we can probably manage to fit into two full size cars, but I think that it would be better if one or both cars is an SUV, or perhaps one car and one minivan. National's website doesn't show any minivans available, and looking around at other websites including on other dates, I don't see any minivans available at any Enterprise, Alamo, or National locations in Fairbanks. So perhaps Enterprise Holdings simply doesn't have any Minivans available in Fairbanks.

Mid-size and Standard SUVs are available on the website, and I'm considering booking two reservations (a midsize for upgrade purposes) and an SUV, and then seeing what is available for upgrade when I get there. But since this is a counter service location, I'm not sure how this would work.

Does anyone have recent experience at Fairbanks with available upgrades for Executive members?

Also, is it possible for the same person to to rent two vehicles at the same time from the same location, and get points for both? I suppose that's a question for another thread.