FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jun 22, 2014, 2:33 am
AZ Travels the World
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by whitesol
Really? Now that doesn't seem to be worth me calling everyday! Do you know if I would request a specific tower over the other? Or what's the next suite up from the murphy bed?
Unfortunately, unless you wanted what is essentially an attached room with a Murphy bed, it may not have been worth the effort.

My understanding is like Mary's, that the majority of the Diamond upgrade suites are in the Ewa tower. Given that the Regency Club has been moved to the third floor, if access to that is important to you I don't think which tower you're in matters all that much. It's not more than a couple minutes walk from one tower to the other on the third floor that the club is on. Not really an issue, IMO.

As for the next suite 'up,' I suspect it won't matter a lot for you. It was years of frequenting this property before I saw anything above the standard suite. This hotel has a number of regular customers, as Mary addressed earlier in this thread, and it seems to usually be those long-time customers who are treated to something more than the standard suite.

Having said that, the 'standard' is two rooms, high up, dead-on ocean front. And there ain't nothin' wrong with that! One of the best ocean views in Waikiki. I hope you enjoy!