FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BW new BRG, match lower rate and get $100 travel card [offer is active again]
Old Jun 21, 2014, 9:11 am
BillyBaloney
Suspended

SCAM!!!!!!!!

Update:

Well, as I said time will tell. I had email confirmation of an approved BRG. At that time, I replied and asked when I would receive the $100 travel card. She replied back and said that it would come "approximately 4-6 weeks after your stay has been completed." I saved the communication.

It is now past 6-weeks. I sent them an email (which contained the previous responses) and this is what I get back:

Thank you for contacting Best Western International.

We do apologize about the inconvience and are having someone further review the status of this.

They will be in contact with you shortly

If we can be of further service, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best Regards,

It has been 3 days and nothing. I like the part about "if we can be of further service." WELL, BW, YOU HAVEN'T BEEN OF ANY SERVICE, SO HOW CAN YOU BE OF "FURTHER" SERVICE? Please stop kidding yourselves and priding yourselves on service - there is none. In fact, I'm a diamond member (doesn't mean much) and if this is how you treat a diamond I feel sorry for people who are not diamond.

On the BW website, it says that you will get the travel card in 2-3 weeks:

"At Best Western we appreciate your business and want to ensure that you are satisfied. Best Western is very confident in our Low Rate, Guaranteed! program and want you to continue to be. If you have found a lower rate on another website for the same Best Western branded hotel, we want to hear about it. You must advise us within 24 hours of making your reservation on bestwestern.com. Once verified, your rate will be adjusted and upon completion of your stay the $100 USD Best Western Travel CardŽ will be emailed to you within two to three weeks."

This has led me to the following conclusions:
  • They don't appreciate my business.
  • They don't want to ensure that I am satisfied.
  • They could care less.
  • They are incompetent.
  • They do not live up to their promises.
  • The Best Western BRG is a SCAM.

I'm fairly well convinced that the BW BRG is nothing more than a scam. I will attempt to call them next week - no more emails. I will post back with the response.

IS THERE A BW REP ON FLYERTALK? HOW DO YOU ANSWER FOR THIS?

I will no longer use this chain - only if there are no other options.