FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MO Purchases using OV @ WM
View Single Post
Old Jun 20, 2014, 5:36 am
cdancer20

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
what is interesting to me is this:

Many of these people getting stuck with the OV...

I mean, had they been brought up in the MS world to think for themselves and go out and create and invent and test and try, they would by now likely have an answer as to how to best get rid of the GCs they are stuck with and they wouldn't be stuck! But no, many of them only latched on to the efforts of others, read the blogs, followed posts from other people and sat in their offices not going out into the field to toil and learn back when it should have mattered most.

I should say it serves them right but I am not that mean.

Still, we now see WHY it matters to know HOW to MS and think of MS, not just how to follow some circles and arrows and then buy a GC and blindly rely on just one method of burnation.
I don't completely agree with this post. I am still newish to the MS world (end of last year) and after reading many threads on here, I just followed the paths that I see fit for me. I knew the OV->WM path worked well. Many WMs around and I knew the steps needed. I didn't have to go out and "search" for new methods. I don't feel like that makes me a bad MS'r. Why? when I had a reliable for the time method. However, now that I know that that route is closed, I know it's time to go out and find new ways to liquidate. Sure it's inconvenient but it is what it is for me to stay in the game. However, I am also not sitting on thousands of OVs to liquidate. The amount that I have will be easy to do.