FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boarding Area's Fall
View Single Post
Old Jun 18, 2014, 2:34 pm
RFDMinnesota

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Boarding Area's Fall

Let's talk about BA's rapid decline into a garbage dumb that seems to only be accelerating. I don't mean the generally declining quality of the content that bloggers produce, but rather the Boarding Area apparatus itself.

"But RFD, what do you mean? Isn't it just a landing page?"

Sure, but it's a landing page that USED to give the appearance of bloggers being vetted for content and quality before acceptance. In 2014, I've seen the site add tons of bloggers and for the most part, are just rehashing the same garbage as the other ones. Apparently, you no longer need something to differentiate your blog from others, but rather just a different blog title.

Let's look at what gems BA has brought us this year:

1. Will run for miles
2. Running with miles

^^Are they even trying anymore?

3. Thread tripping (Definitely needs to learn how to in-line link better)
4. Magic of Miles
5. Canadian Travel Hacking (Here, his competition with CAN Kilometers has cheapened the latter's blog…sad)
6. Points and Pixie Dust (Cannot stand this author, especially after her maniacal foray into healthcare provider territory)
7. Pizza in motion (Really?)
8. Jeffsetter (I really have nothing specific to dislike, but there's also nothing I can find on his blog that I can't find on someone else's)

And I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of other ones too

There is a total of one that actually seems to add real value to the BA collection:

1. Travelblawg - Unquestionably unique travel blog compared to the others
2. TBD

I can't be the only one that thinks this to be the case. Thoughts?

Mods: Maybe you can let this one play itself out instead of acting like a over controlling mother and closing a thread down the first time someone calls someone "stupid." Let's try not to play China on this one