FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam Master Thread
Old Jun 17, 2014, 3:07 pm
Land-of-Miles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by scubaccr
The two Penthouse suites (middle of hotel, one City view, One river view) used to be priced the same as Exec Suites, but 9months or so ago I noticed a price differential. As such basic Exec rooms get Exec suite not the 2-floor Penthouse, although if you ask on checkin you might still get lucky on a 1night stay and allowed the Penthouse. .

City View Rooms are upgraded to city view rooms, river view rooms are upgraded to river view rooms. At aearly rates difference city v River view is 30euro, but increase to 40/45 Euro for last minute flex bookings. If available you can offer the 30euro at checkin to move from City to River views.

The 4 corners of floors 2/3/4 have the Exec suites, floors 2+3 same, the 4th floor more quaint/intersting and all corner rooms are to me much preferrable to the Exec suites in the middlle of each floor.

Royal suite (first floor) would only be available/given as an upgrade if hotel sold out, and I suspect more than one RA stays each night t the Amstel so being RA will not guarantee RS even if hotel is fully booked ,
I have a junior suite reserved for an upcoming stay. Are you saying that I would get the same upgrade by booking into a cheaper room?