View Single Post
Old Jun 17, 14, 1:26 pm
  #3  
m3red
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MAN DXB ✈️
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 6,495
Originally Posted by Ahmed777 View Post
Hi guys.

I have 25k miles to burn.

Flying in Y on the 29th DUR-LHR-DUR. Want to upgrade to J with miles but there is no availability on that route yet.

I am also doing DUR-LGW-DUR leaving on Christmas Day and returning on New Years Day.

The DXB-LGW and LGW-DXB have upgrade space, but I would prefer to upgrade the flight I have coming in two weeks. Should I go for the LGW flight as I risk losing those seats or should I wait (and pray) that something opens on EK0001 or EK0004 in June/July?

Can anyone predict whether space will pop up? It is DXB-LHR EK0001 on the 30th June and returning EK0004 on the 13th of July. EF shows that the flight is 0 in all classes but a dummy booking shows that there is space in all so it could go either way...

The reason I would prefer to upgrade the LHR route first is because I will get 20k miles (hopefully) from my DUR-LAX-DUR in September, so I will buy 5k and use that to upgrade the DXB-LGW leg.

Thanks all.
Upgrade what you can now, ek 1 is very difficult... If eg shows 0 now you have little or no chance and just because they Will sell a seat doesn't mean there is availability they are most likely over selling..,,
m3red is offline