FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Just got 2 seats in F on JFK-DXB-BKK all on A380 for wife and I ~ maximize enjoyment
Old Jun 17, 2014, 5:49 am
mecabq

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Just did this a few days ago, my longest flight in F on the A380 to date. Of course it was great. Twelve hours is long enough to sleep pretty much as much as you want, plus have time to enjoy the shower and the bar at the back and the smaller self-serve bar at the front.

I don't have too much else to add. The food was terrific. It's not too lavish (aside from the caviar, Dom, and Sauternes), but all of the dishes were of excellent quality and served quickly. The wines on my flight were not as good as they sometimes are in EK premium classes; YMMV. They had a nice cognac.

F lounge in DXB is definitely worthwhile; the one at JFK is like other EK lounges, I didn't find the food or booze anything special.

The shower is worth experiencing once, but I wouldn't go out of my way beyond this unless you must (I was headed straight to work so it was worthwhile).